Friday, December 5, 2008

Snowflakes


A few days before Christmas,
It started snowing,
The trees were bare,
No ground was showing.
It was sad at first,
But I knew there was something more,
I had to find something to do,
Or my life would be a bore.
I sat and pondered,
Wondering what to do,
It came to me,
When I thought of you.
You and I,
Are different in many ways,
We always act different,
Almost every day.
I wonder,
Does everything act the same?
I asked the snowflakes,
When they came.
"Oh Mr. Snowflake,
How are you?
Are all yall the same?
What all do yall do?"
"Dearest girl,
You are very bold,
We are not the same,
And I'm very cold.
I have my own shape,
Ways and forms,
Like any other person,
Or type of storm.
I like to fall silently,
And as slow as molasses,
While Jim is noisy,
And falls the fastest.
Like you,
We are very different,
We are perfectly made,
And from God, we're sent.
I'm sorry,
For now I must go,
You know I can't live for long,
As is I'm just snow."
"Oh Mr. Snowflake,
I want to know more!"
"I know nothing much,
But what I had in store.
Do watch us,
Flutter by,
Listen to our sounds,
And watch the sky."
"Thank you,
Thank you so much,
For teaching me something,
My heart you touched."
As I watched,
The wind took him down,
He followed the rest of the snowflakes,
Without a sound.
I know now,
Even if snow looks the same,
It's always something new,
And our awesome God is to 'blame'.

3 comments:

Ca$$iE G said...

Wow! Did you write that? It's amazing!

Love,
~Cassie~

Amanda Kirkpatrick said...

i want to know, too...did you write that?? if so, AWESOME!!!

Ca$$iE G said...

Shyla,
I'm here to help you girl! And anytime that you need help, advice, or just someone to talk to to get things off your chest; I'm here! Don't be afraid to talk to me, because don't worry I won't tell no one! We've been friends since way back. Remember those times you stayed the night at my house? :)

Just know, everybody has those moments in which they feel death is the better path, but know in the long run it's not only affecting you but your friends and family that surround you. I believe in you, girl! Keep your head up!

By the way, I loved this poem! It's really GREAT! To know that you wrote this, is amazing. Keep up the good work; I'd like to see what else you have in store. The same as you, I realized about 2 years ago, writing is the best way to express my feeling and helps me out so much. Wither it be a good writing or not it helps me. I love writing poems the same as you and especially journals and letters too.

Thank-you for your comments! And hey, you brought a SMILE :) across my face today!

Love ya girl,
~Cassie~