Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Most Influential-Charla Jenkins

I think the most influential teacher I've had was Mrs. Jenkins, my sophmore english teacher. My sophmore year was a super horrible year for me and Mrs. Jenkins was always so happy and upbeat so it always made my day much better to go to her class. I loved her class. I may have not been the best student, cause I do remember being a straight up jerk to her in class a few times (which I feel SOO bad for), but she has been the best teacher.

She's a real good role model for Christians. So lively and always smiling. From what I know about her she's a strong person and I really look up to her for that. And when I had those really bad days and said something jerkish to her in class, she was still super nice to me. At times I'm surprised she wasn't mean back, but she never was. I remember a day I got sent to the office and got swats and I came back to her class and was crying and she was being SOO sweet. So despite me being horrible person in her class at times she was always the bright cheerful person she always was and it made my day.

She'll be someone I'll remember forever for her good christian attitude, kindness, caring, perserverence and her love for teaching.

1 comment:

Ca$$iE G said...

Wow, Shyla! Mrs. Jenkins was awesome! I loved her class, I may not of liked the people in that class but I liked her! For instance, one day I was at Pretty Nails and had just got my nails done and had been waiting on my ride to come for a good thirty minuetes. Mrs. Jenkins walked in to get her eyebrows done, we talked for a while. Once she came back out she offered me a ride. I wasn't going to take it at first, but I did.

And I'm sure Mrs. Jenkins forgives you for being a "jerk" some days, we all have those days; it happens! So don't sweat the small stuff! :)

Love ya, girl!
~Cassie~